Blueberries are expensive in Melbourne, but I sometimes want to bake Blueberry Pie. This Finnish style Blueberry Pie is easy to make and you can use Frozen Blueberries. I used to buy a frozen flan case for this pie, but not anymore. My ‘Easiest Sweet Shortcrust Pastry’ tastes much better.
I used 22.5cm Pie Dish
My ‘Easiest Sweet Shortcrust Pastry’
100g Butter *softened
2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
1 cup (250ml) Plain Flour
250g Blueberries *thawed if frozen
200ml Sour Cream
1/4 cup Caster Sugar *add extra 1-2 tablespoons if you like it sweeter
1 large Egg
1 tablespoon Plain Flour
- Preheat oven to 170 to 180℃.
- Mix softened Butter and Sugar until smooth. Add Egg Yolk and mix until creamy. Add Plain Flour and mix as you cut the butter mixture into flour. After mixing, it might look too DRY, but do not add Water. Use your hands to bring the mixture together.
- Spread the dough in a pie dish, bit by bit, press using your fingers and make it even thickness. *Alternatively you can roll out the dough to 3-4mm thick, and place in the pie dish.
- Spread Blueberries in the pie dish. If thawed Blueberries are still cold, it is OK.
- Combine Sour Cream, Caster Sugar, Egg and Flour in a bowl, then warm in the microwave. Do not cook the mixture, you just need to warm it at low power for a few minutes. Pour the mixture over the Blueberries.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Enjoy warm or cold. I like it cold.
Leave a Reply