No-bake Cheesecake can be made without Gelatine and I have a recipe ‘Super Easy No-bake Cheesecake’. However, a small amount of Gelatine makes superior texture. Today I made the top layer with fresh Strawberries that are in season now. I used Arnott’s Choc Ripple Cookies fo the base, but you can use your favourite sweet biscuits. Everyone enjoyed this dessert and I am quite happy with the result.
18cm Round Springform Cake Tin
100g Arnott’s Choc Ripple Cookies OR Sweet Biscuits *made into fine crumbles
*Note: Very dry low-fat biscuits might need more moisture. Add a small amount of Cream or Milk.
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
2-3 tablespoons Water
1/2 cup Milk
250g Cream Cheese *softened
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 cup (250ml) Thickened Cream OR Heavy Cream *whipped
Strawberry Jelly Topping
1/2 tablespoon (1 & 1/2 teaspoons) Gelatine Powder
2 tablespoons Water
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice *optional
Extra Strawberries and some Blueberries for decoration
- For the base, mix finely crumbled Biscuit and melted Butter until moist crumbs. If too dry, add a small amount of Cream or Milk.
- Line the base and sides of a springform cake tin with baking paper, place the crumbs into the cake tin and press firmly over the base. Set aside in the fridge while you are preparing the Filling.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes. Heat Milk in a small saucepan and bring close to the boil, and remove from the heat. Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until Gelatine dissolves.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened Cream Cheese, Sugar and Lemon Juice. Add the Milk & Gelatine mixture, and mix well. Whip Cream until soft peaks form, add to the mixture, and combine well. Pour over the base in the cake tin. Place the tin in the fridge and leave to set.
- To make Strawberry Jelly, soak Gelatine Powder in Water for 5-10 minutes. Wash and hull Strawberries. Using food processor or blender, process Strawberries into smooth puree.
- Heat Strawberry puree and Sugar (and Lemon Juice) in a saucepan over a gentle heat until hot. Add the soaked Gelatine, stir until Gelatine dissolves completely, and remove from heat. Then leave it cool.
- When the Cheesecake Filling is set and Strawberry Jelly is cool, pour the Strawberry Jelly onto the top of the Cheesecake, and smooth the surface. Cool in fridge until Strawberry Jelly is completely set. I decorated the cake with Strawberries and Blueberries.