This ice cream is almost identical to my ‘Super Easy Mixed Berries & Yoghurt Ice Cream’ but I mixed everything together to achieve this amazing colour. I used Frozen Blueberries. You don’t need Ice Cream machine OR any special tools. You only need a whisk to whip Cream and spatula to mix. It is absolutely easy to make.
1 cup Frozen Blueberries
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Corn Starch
1/2 cup Thickened Cream
1/4 cup Caster Sugar *can be reduced to 3 tablespoons for less sweet flavour
1/2 cup Unsweetened Greek Yoghurt
- Place Frozen Mixed Berries, Sugar and Corn Starch in a heat-proof bowl, mix to combine, then cook in the microwave for 1-2 minutes OR until soft. Gently stir, heat again and bring to the boil, then stir again.
- Repeat the heating process a few times until the sauce thickens. Cool completely. The sauce will thicken when cooled. *Note: This process can be done using a small saucepan.
- Beat Thickened Cream and Caster Sugar until firm peaks form.
- Place cooled Blueberries in a mixing bowl, add Greek Yoghurt and combine well. Then fold in whipped Cream and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a container. Freeze for a few hours until firm. *Note: To soften completely frozen Ice Cream, transfer from the freezer to the fridge 20 minutes before serving, OR leave them at room temperature for 10 minutes.