This ice cream is almost identical to my ‘Super Easy Mango Yoghurt Ice Cream’. I simply replaced Mango puree with Mixed Berries sauce. It is absolutely easy to make. I used Frozen Mixed Berries, but you can use Blueberries OR other Fruit, that are made into thick sauce OR puree.
1 cup Frozen Mixed Berries OR Fresh Mixed Berries
2 tablespoons Sugar *add extra if required depending on the Berries
1/2 teaspoon Corn Starch
1 teaspoon Kirsch *optional
1/2 cup Thickened Cream
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1/2 cup Unsweetened Greek Yoghurt
- Place Frozen Mixed Berries, Sugar and Corn Starch in a heat-proof bowl, mix to combine, then cook in the microwave for 1-2 minutes OR until soft. Gently stir, bring to the boil, then stir again. Taste it, and add extra Sugar if required.
- Repeat the heating process a few times until the sauce thickens. Add Kirsch and mix well. Cool completely. The sauce will thicken when cooled.
- *Note: This process can be done using a small saucepan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat Thickened Cream and Caster Sugar until firm peaks form. Add Greek Yoghurt and combine well.
- Pour Cream & Yoghurt mixture and the cold Berry sauce in layers into a container. Freeze for a few hours until firm. *Note: To soften completely frozen Ice Cream, transfer from the freezer to the fridge 20 minutes before serving, OR leave them at room temperature for 10 minutes.