If you want to eat Cheesy Quiche for late breakfast or lunch, this ‘Quick & Toasty Bacon Quiche’ can be cooked in 15 minutes. You don’t need the oven. All you need is a frying pan. Absolutely easy to cook and delicious!
1 thick slice Bread *about 2.5cm thick
1 to 2 slices (50g) Bacon *cut into small pieces
1 handful Baby Spinach *OR Peas
2 tablespoons Thickened Cream
1 large Egg
1 to 2 tablespoons shredded or grated Tasty Cheese (Cheddar)
Salt & Pepper
- Heat a small frying pan, non-stick preferred, over medium to low heat, cook Bacon pieces. When slightly browned, remove unwanted fat using a piece of paper towel, then add Baby Spinach. When Baby Spinach wilted, transfer to a bowl.
- Add Cream, Egg and Cheese, mix to combine, then season lightly with Salt & Pepper.
- Cut a large hole in the Bread slice, remove the inner soft parts, but DO NOT chuck them away yet as you might need them later.
- Clean the frying pan with the paper towel, melt Butter over very low heat. Place the ring-shaped Bread slice in the frying pan, spoon the mixture into the hole.
*Note: If the mixture is not enough to fill the hole, tear the removed bread into small pieces and tuck them into the mixture.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the Bread over, cover with the lid, and cook for 5 more minutes.