Coriander is ‘Love OR Hate’ vegetable. If you are a coriander hater, you wouldn’t enjoy this salad. If you love Coriander, you got to try it. It’s so refreshing and yummy. I hesitate to say I love Coriander, but I do enjoy its flavour. Definitely I don’t think it tastes like soap. Pork Belly is blanched in boiling salted water and you don’t add any Oil to this salad. It is quite healthy.
2 to 4 Servings
150g thinly sliced Pork Belly *cut into bite-size pieces
Salt to cook Pork Belly
50g Coriander *1 bunch that I bough was about 50g
1/4 red Onion *thinly sliced
10cm Cucumber *sliced 3-4mm thick
1 Hot Chilli *OR as required, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts *coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon Lime/Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 teaspoon Sugar *optional, alter the amount to suit your taste
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Sugar is optional. Add it only if you want the sauce sweet. You may wish to add more.
- Wash Coriander, then dry well. Salad spinner would be a good tool. I use a large tea towel. Wrap Coriander with a tea towel and shake it, so that you can remove water pretty well.
- Cut Coriander into 2-3cm pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Add Red Onion, Cucumber and Chilli.
- Cook Pork slices in strongly salted boiling water. It won’t take long. When cooked, drain, cool under cold water, drain well, then add to the bowl.
- Add the sauce and mix to combine. Scatter coarsely chopped Roasted Peanuts and serve immediately.