‘Doria’ is a very popular Japanese rice dish. Butter Rice or Pilaf is covered with White Sauce (Béchamel Sauce) and grated Cheese, then baked in the oven. Today I added Corn Kernels to the Butter Rice. Then I decided to add some Soy Sauce to it, as I love ‘Butter & Soy Sauce Corn Rice’. The Soy Sauce flavoured Butter Corn Rice was actually delicious with White Sauce and Cheese. You got to try it! By the way, White Sauce is easy to make if you have a microwave.
1 cup Corn Kernels *Frozen Corn Kernels can be used as Frozen
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 servings warm Cooked Rice *about 300g
Ground Black Pepper
1 can (210g) Salmon
1/2 cup shredded Cheese of your choice *I used Cheese Mix for Baking
Parsley *finely chopped
2 tablespoons Plain Flour
1 cup Milk
Salt & Pepper
- Heat Butter in a large heat-proof bowl in the microwave until melt, add Corn Kernels and heat again until hot. Take out the bowl carefully, add Soy Sauce and combine. You may wish to add some Black Pepper. *Note: You can do this process using a frying pan.
- Add warm Cooked Rice and mix well. Place the Corn Rice in a baking dish.
- Drain Canned Salmon, remove unwanted large bones and skin, break into small pieces, and arrange them over the Corn Rice.
- Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Make White Sauce. To make White Sauce, heat Butter in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and foaming, add Flour and cook stirring until mixture bubbles. Slowly add Milk, stirring constantly until sauce boils and thickens. Season with Salt & Pepper.
- *Note: White Sauce can be made in the microwave and it is super easy. Find the method at ‘Super Easy White Sauce’ page.
- Pour the White Sauce over the Salmon, cover with shredded Cheese, and bake for 20 minutes OR until golden.
- Sprinkle with some finely chopped Parsley and serve.