Today I was going to cook ‘Stir-fried Iceberg Lettuce & Egg’ with a sauce made with Gochujang (Korean Spicy Miso). However, the weather was hot and I wanted to make something easier. Then I decided to make a salad instead of stir-fry. I cooked Eggs and it didn’t take long at all, then I combined everything in a mixing bowl. I added Toasted Nori, and it was a good idea. The salad was delicious and I enjoyed it very much.
Salt & White Pepper
1 tablespoon Oil
1/2 Iceberg Lettuce *Today it weighed 220g
1 pinch Salt
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped, save some for topping
1 sheet Toasted Nori *torn into small pieces
1 tablespoon Ponzu *OR 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce & 1/2 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Gochujang (Korean Spicy Miso) *add more if you like it
1/4 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder *optional
1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- Whisk Eggs in a small bowl and lightly season with Salt & White Pepper.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over hight heat, cook Eggs quickly just like cooking ‘Scrambled Egg’. Transfer to a plate.
- Combine all the Sesame Dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl. Alter the amount of Gochujang.
- Tear Lettuce into chunky bite-size pieces, place into the bowl, add 1 pinch Salt, and mix to combine. Add the cooked Egg, Spring Onion and Nori, and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the saved Spring Onion on top and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply