To cook Broccoli, frying-pan method is the easiest and quickest. Basically you cook Broccoli florets with a small amount of Oil, Water and a pinch Salt. You can add Garlic or Chilli or whatever you wish to add. This dish is so simple, yet delicious and nutritious.
1 head (*about 300g) Broccoli *cut into small florets, thick stem sliced
1 tablespoon Oil of your choice *plus extra
1 to 2 pinches Salt
2 to 3 tablespoons Water
4 Eggs *lightly whisked
Salt & Pepper
Your Favourite Sauce *Oyster Sauce, Ketchup, Japanese Mayonnaise and Soy Sauce, etc.
- Whisk Eggs in a bowl and season with Salt & Pepper.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan, non-stick recommended, over medium heat, add Broccoli, Salt and Water, cover with a lid and steam-cook for a few minutes.
- When the Water is evaporated, remove the lid.
- Make a room in the frying pan, add extra Oil, pour the Egg and cook until just cooked. Combine the Egg and Broccoli.
- Drizzle with your favourite sauce and enjoy. For the above photo, I used a mixture of Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil. For the photo below, I used Japanese Mayonnaise and Soy Sauce.