You won’t add Noodles to a soup if you want to make the soup low in calories. However, you can add Konjac Noodles, which are called ‘Shirataki’ OR ‘Ito-Konnyaku’ in Japanese, because they are mostly water and dietary fibre, and extremely low in calories. This soup is packed with a variety of nutrients, low in calories, yet very satisfying and comforting.
600ml Chicken Stock
1 small clove Garlic *finely chopped OR grated
2 to 3 Shiitake OR other Asian Mushrooms
2-3 leaves Cabbage
150g Chicken Tenderloins
1 pack (200g drained) Shirataki / Ito-Konnyaku (Konjac Noodles)
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
Salt & White Pepper
1 small piece Ginger *grated
A few drops Sesame Oil
1 handful Baby Spinach *optional
1/2 Spring Onion *finely chopped
Rāyu (Chilli Oil) *I added Crispy Chilli Oil
- Prepare Vegetables. Cut all vegetables into the size that is easy to eat. Drain Shirataki / Ito-Konnyaku (Konjac Noodles) and cook in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then drain.
- Place Chicken Stock in a pot, add Garlic and Vegetables except Baby Spinach and Spring Onion, and cook until almost soft.
- Add grated Ginger and Sesame Oil, and season with Soy Sauce, Salt & White Pepper to taste.
- Add the drained Konjac Noodles and simmer for a few minutes, and add Baby Spinach, that will be cooked instantly.
- Add some chopped Spring Onion and some Chilli Oil, I added Crispy Chilli Oil today, and enjoy.
Leave a Reply