Today I wanted to use a Mango that had been sitting in the fridge for several days. As I needed to use up leftover Cream as well, I decided to make this Panna Cotta based on my ‘Pumpkin Panna Cotta’ recipe. Basically I just replaced Pumpkin with Mango. I added Lemon Juice because the Mango was lacking sourness. If Mango is out of season OR not available where you live, you can use canned Mango.
2 teaspoons Gelatine *about 8g
2 tablespoons Water
1 large Mango *about 1 cup puree
1 to 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Sugar *optional, see ‘Method 3’
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1/2 cup Cream
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel and stone Mango, cut roughly and place all pulp and juice in a blender. Blend until smooth. (I used a stick blender.) Add Lemon Juice for extra sourness as required.
- Save 2-3 tablespoons pureed Mango in a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon Sugar, and mix well. You may wish to add some Liqueur. This will be the sauce.
- Place Milk and Sugar in a saucepan, and heat over medium heat, stirring, and bring just to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until gelatine dissolves. Add Cream and smoothly pureed Mango, and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into serving glasses or jelly moulds. Place them in the fridge and leave to set.
- Serve with the saved Mango puree. *Note: I added whipped Cream as well.