Japanese style Potato Salad is made with mashed Potato. This is a healthy version of the same salad made with mashed Cauliflower. It looks like Potato Salad but the texture and the flavour are of course very different, as Mashed Potato and Mashed Cauliflower are totally different. It is a healthier alternative for those who need to reduce the calorie intake.
500 to 600g Cauliflower
1/2 to 1 Carrot
4 to 5 slices Ham
Salt & White Pepper
1/4 to 1/3 cup Japanese Mayonnaise
- Thinly slice Cucumber into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and massage, then rest for a while.
- Cut Cauliflower into florets. Peel Carrot and cut in half lengthwise. Cook Cauliflower and Carrot in salted water.
- Take out Carrot when slightly soft, and slice thinly.
- When Cauliflower is soft, drain very well, and mash it coarsely OR smoothly. Place in a fine colander OR strainer, and drain the excess water. You can press to remove excess water.
- Cut Ham slices into 2cm pieces. Slice Onion very thinly.
- Squeeze the salted Cucumber to remove excess water, and combine all ingredients and Mayonnaise. Add some Salt and White Pepper to taste, and mix well.