My ‘Shortbread Butter Biscuits’ recipe is very versatile and it is easy to modify its flavour by adding extra ingredients. I simply added Matcha Powder and coarsely chopped Pistachio Nuts for these biscuits. To make them extra special for the festive season, I added the filling to sandwich.
125g Butter *softened
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Plain Flour
2 tablespoons Rice Flour
1 tablespoon Matcha Powder
1/3 to 1/2 cup Pistachio Nuts *coarsely chopped
White Chocolate Ganache
180g White Chocolate Chips OR Buttons
1/4 cup Cream
*Note: White Chocolate Ganache can be easily made by mixing melted white chocolate and warmed cream, the ratio is 3 : 1.
1/4 cup Raisins steeped in Rum
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix softened Butter and Sugar until smooth and well combined.
- Add Plain Flour, Rice Flour and Matcha Powder, and mix well. Add chopped Pistachio Nuts and bring the dough together.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until 6-8mm thick and cut into shapes, OR slice well-refrigerated stiff dough.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until very lightly coloured. Set aside on the trays for 10 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make White Chocolate Ganache, place White Chocolate and Cream in a heat-proof bowl. Heat in the microwave for a minute and mix. You might need to heat extra time for White Chocolate to melt completely. Add Raisins and mix to combine. Let it cool in fridge.
- When the ganache is firm enough, place tablespoonful of ganache on a biscuit and sandwich together.