This noodle sauce is my newest creation and it is delicious! I was trying to create a miso-based meat sauce for Spaghetti. One day I happened to add Tomatoes to make the sauce juicier, and the result was FANTASTIC! This sauce is great with Spaghetti, Japanese Udon, Chinese Egg Noodles. I haven’t tried it with Rice Noodles, but it should work.
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil OR Canola Oil
400 to 500g Pork Mince *OR Beef, Veal or Chicken Mince
2 to 3 Spring Onions
1 clove Garlic
1 small piece Ginger
1 cup finely chopped Vegetables
*e.g. Bok Choy, Shiitake, Green Beans, Bamboo Shoots, etc.
1 canned Diced Tomatoes *400g
2-3 tablespoons Miso *red type, dark colour Miso recommended
1 tablespoon Sugar
1/2 to 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 to 1 tablespoon Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce)
- Finely chop up all vegetables. Garlic and Ginger can be grated. Carrot can be shredded.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook Pork Mince and all vegetables until Pork changes colour.
- Add the sauce and mix to combine, and add Tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy with Japanese Udon, Ramen Noodles, Italian Spaghetti or Chinese Egg Noodles.