These oven-baked patties are almost identical to the patties of Asa’s ‘Golubtsi’, which is described by Asa, a person who gave me the recipe, as a ‘lazy’ form of Cabbage Rolls. I named these patties ‘Golubtsi’ Burgers and I added Instant Oats instead of Cooked Rice and Breadcrumbs because my husband is currently trying not to eat Rice and Wheat. These ‘Golubtsi’ Burgers are healthy as they are lower in calories and contain a lot of Dietary Fibre. If you use Chicken Mince, you can make them even healthier.
500g Lean Pork Mince *OR Beef Mince, Chicken Mince, etc.
1 Onion *finely chopped
300 to 400g Cabbage *thinly sliced
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
1 cup Quick Oats
*Note: You can add Cooked Rice instead of Quick Oats. Add some Breadcrumbs if the mixture is too wet.
- Thinly slice Cabbage. Blanch in the boiling water, so that it shrinks. Drain and cool in cold water, then squeeze to remove excess water. Place in a large bowl.
- *Easier Method: Place the thinly sliced Cabbage in a bowl, pour over boiling water, then drain in a colander. Cool under cold water and squeeze to remove excess water.
- Add Pork Mince (OR other Mince), finely chopped Onion, Egg, Salt and Pepper. Mix well, then add 1 cup Quick Oats, and mix very well. *Note: If you add Cooked Rice instead of Oats, you might need to add some Breadcrumbs.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Shape 12 patties, place on the prepared tray, bake in the preheated oven at 200℃ for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favourite sauce if you choose to do so. ‘Golubtsi’ Burgers taste good without any sauce.