I make Bavarois desserts always based on my ‘Basic Bavarois’ recipe. Add extra ingredients such as pureed Fruit, so that you can make a variety of Bavarois desserts. Today I used 1 can Peach Slices. I pureed the drained Peach Slices and added 1/2 cupful of it to Bavarois mixture, and used the remaining puree for the sauce. It won’t cost you much, but result is really good.
4 to 5 Servings
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
2 to 3 tablespoons Water
1 can (410g) Peach Slices in Juice
1 cup Milk
2 Egg Yolks
6 tablespoons Sugar *alter the amount to suit your taste
*Note: You can add Peach Flavouring Essence OR Liqueur if you have.
1 cup Thickened Cream *can be reduced to 200ml, whipped
Peach Sauce *see ‘Method 7’
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the Peach Slices. Save some slices to mix with sauce if you wish to do so. Use a stick blender OR food processor to process Peach Slices into smooth puree. You will use 1/2 cupful of it for Bavarois and the remaining puree for the sauce.
- Heat Milk in a saucepan over medium heat and bring just to the boil. Remove from heat. Add soaked Gelatine and mix well until Gelatine dissolves.
- Place Egg Yolks and Sugar in a large heatproof bowl, and whisk until creamy. Gradually whisk the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture. Let it cool. *Note: You may wish to return the mixture to the saucepan and cook the Egg Yolks properly, but DO NOT overcook it.
- Add 1/2 cupful Peach puree and mix well. When it is cool enough, leave it in the fridge until the mixture starts thickening.
- When the mixture is cool and started thickening, add whipped Cream and mix to combine well. Pour the mixture into serving glasses. Place them in the fridge and leave to set.
- To make the sauce, add some Caster Sugar to the remaining Peach puree. I added 1 tablespoon today. Cut saved Peach slices into small pieces and add to the sauce. *Note: I added 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier.
- Serve with the sauce, OR you may wish to add chunkier pieces of Peach.