Leftover Salami and Sour Cream, that’s what I wanted to use up today. I instantly thought of cooking ‘Hungarian Salami, Boiled Eggs & Potato Sour Cream Bake’, but I decided to use Pumpkin. I didn’t want to bother making Boiled Eggs. So, what I did was very simple as you can read below. The result was amazing.
About 600g Pumpkin
80g Hungarian Salami
Salt & Pepper
150-200ml Sour Cream *OR Thickened Cream
1 to 2 tablespoons Milk *optional
Butter OR Oil to grease the baking dish
1 cupful shredded Tasty Cheese (Cheddar Cheese)
1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a baking dish with a small amount of Butter OR Oil.
- If the Sour Cream you use is thick, mix with 1 to 2 tablespoons Milk to loosen, so that it would be easy to pour it over the Pumpkin.
- Remove tough skin of Pumpkin, cut into 1cm thick slices in the size that is easy to arrange in the baking dish. Thinly slice Salami.
- Evenly arrange Pumpkin and Salami in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper and drizzle Sour Cream mixture over.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil, cover with the shredded Tasty Cheese, and bake at 180℃ for further 20 minutes or until Pumpkin is soft and top is golden.
- Sprinkle with chopped Parsley and serve.