There are many Pumpkin Curry recipes out there, but I just don’t have the ingredients that are required for those recipes. I always have a tin of S&B Curry Powder which I love, and I make a variety of curries using it. Today I seasoned this Pumpkin Curry with the S&B Curry Powder, Soy Sauce and Oyster Sauce. Absolutely quick and easy to cook, and I was impressed with its flavour. My husband kept complimenting on it. Now I have to share how I cooked it with you.
1/8 Pumpkin *about 300g
1/2 Onion *thinly sliced
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 small piece Ginger *grated OR finely chopped
1 Ripe Tomato *cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon Oil *I used Canola Oil
250g Pork Mince *OR Chicken Mince
1 tablespoon Curry Powder
1 cup Chicken Stock *OR 1 cup Water & 1 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce *OR Soy Sauce
Salt to taste
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
Freshly Cooked Rice to serve
- Remove skin, seeds and spongy bit of Pumpkin, cut into bite-size pieces. Prepare all other vegetables.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Onion for a few minutes. Add Garlic, Ginger and Pork Mince (OR Chicken Mince), and stir until Mince changes colour.
- Add Curry Powder and stir to combine. Add Pumpkin, Tomato, Chicken Stock, Soy Sauce and Oyster Sauce, then cover with a lid, and cook until Pumpkin is soft. It won’t take very long.
- Remove the lid, taste the sauce, add some Salt as required, and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion, and enjoy with freshly cooked Rice.