Since my crust-less ‘Easy Quiche’ was perfectly cooked in my rice cooker, I have been cooking a variety of foods in the rice cooker. If ‘Quiche’ works, the ‘Frittata’ should work. Pre-cooking can be done in the microwave, so I can cook this Frittata even on a scorching hot day. I cook it in the morning while the weather is still bearable. Cold Frittata would be served with refreshing salad for lunch or dinner. Rice cooker is fantastic!
1/2 to 1 Onion *finely chopped
2 (400g) Zucchini *shredded or coarsely grated
1 cup shredded Tasty Cheese *Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup chopped Parsley *add more herbs of your choice
4 Eggs *lightly whisked
1/2 cup Self-Raising Flour
3/4 teaspoon Salt *1 teaspoon is quite strong
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Line the base of rice cooker’s inner pot with baking paper.
- Place Onion, Zucchini and Butter in a large heat-proof bowl, cook in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add other ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared rice cooker’s inner pot and press ‘Start’ button at ‘Cake’ setting.
- If it is not cooked yet, leave it in the hot rice cooker for 10 more minutes or heat extra time. Turn out on a plate, and carefully peel away baking paper. Serve hot or cold.
- *Note: I used my 10 cup capacity rice cooker which inner pot is 20cm in diameter. It took 40 minutes to cook.
- Oven Baking: Pour the mixture into a buttered baking dish, and bake in the oven at 200℃ for 30-40 minutes or until cooked.