Do you know the Japanese rice bowl dish called ‘Oyako Don’? ‘Oyako’ means ‘Parent and Child’ in Japanese. When ‘Chicken and Egg’ are used for a rice bowl dish, it is called ‘Oyako Don’. So, this dish is also a kind of ‘Oyako Don’ because ingredients are ‘Chicken and Egg’. It is super easy to cook and absolutely delicious. This recipe is for 1 serving. It would be easy to multiply.
1 Egg *whisked
1 Chicken Thigh Fillet *about 120g
Salt & White Pepper
1/2 tablespoon Oil
1 serving warm Cooked Rice
Spring Onion *finely chopped
Toasted sesame Seeds
Toasted Nori *shredded OR torn into small pieces
1/2 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Mirin
1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger *You may prefer Garlic
Chilli Flakes as required *optional
- Whisk Egg in a small bowl and lightly season with Salt & White Pepper. Cut Chicken Fillet into bite-size pieces and lightly season with Salt & White Pepper.
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Half fill a bowl with warm Cooked Rice. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat, cook Scrambled Egg, and arrange it on the Rice.
- Cook Chicken Pieces. When Chicken is nicely browned and cooked, add the Sauce, and stir until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Place Chicken on top, pour the sauce over, add some finely chopped Spring Onion, Toasted Sesame Seeds and Nori, and enjoy.
Leave a Reply