The filling of Spring Rolls doesn’t have to be Asian flavoured. You can actually use anything. I want to introduce Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese. These Spring Rolls are super easy to make and perfect starter or party food. I recommend to cut each square sheet of wrapper into 4 pieces and make small Spring Rolls.
Spring Roll Wrappers
Fresh Dill Leaves *optional
Capers *optional, chopped if large
Oil for cooking
- Cut Cream Cheese and Smoked Salmon into strips, so that work would be easier.
- Cut each large square sheet of Spring Roll Wrapper into 4 pieces.
- Place 1 piece of Spring Roll Wrapper on a flat surface with a corner facing you. Cover remaining wrappers with a dump tea towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Place about 2 teaspoonful amount Cream Cheese and some Smoked Salmon, add some Dill and Caper, fold the front corner over filling and roll up, fold in side corners, then roll up firmly to enclose. Wet the last corner with water to seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat Oil about depth of 2cm in a saucepan over medium low heat. Carefully place the rolls into the Oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer onto a plate lined with paper towel.