This is a dish I often cook in summer when Tomatoes are in season. It’s a very simple stir-fry dish and my family enjoys it always. Ripe and sweet Tomatoes are ideal, but not-so-great Tomatoes are also suitable as you stir-fry them.
200 to 250g Tofu *I used medium soft Momen Tofu
2 Eggs *whisked
Salt & White Pepper
1/2 tablespoon Oil *plus extra
1 clove Garlic *crushed & chopped finely
Chilli Flakes as required
1 tablespoons Soy Sauce *add more if required
1/2 Spring Onion *finely chopped
- Cut Tomatoes into chunky pieces and Tofu into 2 to 3cm cubes.
- Whisk Eggs and lightly season with Salt & White Pepper. Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Egg softly, and transfer to a plate or the bowl you used to whisk the Eggs.
- Add extra Oil, Garlic and Chilli Flakes to the pan. When aromatic, add Tomatoes, and stir for a few minutes.
- When Tomatoes started softening and juice is coming out, add Soy Sauce and Tofu. Cook until the sauce is slightly thickened. Return the Egg and combine.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion, and serve with freshly cooked Rice.
Leave a Reply