On a summer day, I picked Tomato and Zucchini in my garden and stir-fried them with Udon Noodles for lunch. I could have added Meat OR Tuna, but I added Avocado. I almost always add Spring Onion to this type of dish, but I added Shiso, which came from my garden, too. It turned out a very simple Vegan dish, and I enjoyed its clean flavour.
1 serving Cooked Udon *Frozen type recommended
1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil *OR Oil of your choice
1 small clove Garlic *finely chopped
Chilli Flakes as required
1/2 to 1 ripe Tomato *cut into small pieces
1/4 to 1/3 Zucchini *thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 Avocado *cut into small pieces
Finely chopped Spring Onion *Today I used 2 leaves Shiso (Green Perilla)
- Heat Cooked Udon Noodles in boiling water, and drain.
- Heat Oil, Garlic and Chilli in a frying pan over medium heat. When aromatic, add Tomato and Zucchini, and stir-fry. When softened, add Soy Sauce and stir.
- *Note: If you have ‘Mentsuyu’, you can use it instead of Soy Sauce. You would need 2-3 tablespoons.
- Add drained Udon Noodles and Avocado, and stir to combine.
- Place in a serving plate, top with some finely chopped Spring Onion (OR Shiso), and enjoy.
Leave a Reply