I made ‘Strawberry Yoghurt Ice Cream’ based on my ‘Super Easy Mango Yoghurt Ice Cream’ recipe. I simply replaced pureed Mango with Strawberry Sauce. It’s very simple and easy to make. If Strawberries are not in season, you can use Frozen Sliced Strawberries. Microwave to thaw them, then cook into the sauce.
1 punnet (250g) Ripe Strawberries *Frozen Sliced Strawberries can be used
2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Corn Starch *mixed with 1/2 teaspoon Water
1/2 cup Thickened Crean
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) Caster Sugar
1/2 cup Unsweetened Greek Yoghurt
- Rinse Strawberries, remove the hulls, and slice thickly or cut in halves (or quarters if large). Place them in a saucepan, squash a little bit using a masher or spoon to let some juice come out, as this will speed up the cooking process.
- Add Sugar and bring to the boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Keep cooking until slightly thickens. Add Corn Starch mixture and stir well.
- Dip the bottom of the saucepan in cold water and cool the Strawberry Sauce. When cooled, transfer to a small bowl and place in the fridge and chill.
- In a mixing bowl, beat Thickened Cream and Caster Sugar until firm peaks form. Add Greek Yoghurt and combine well. Add the chilled Strawberry Sauce and roughly mix, OR you may prefer mix them well.
- Pour the mixture into a container, shallower container is better, and freeze for a few hours until firm. *Note: To soften completely frozen Ice Cream, transfer from the freezer to the fridge 20 minutes before serving, OR leave it at room temperature for 10 minutes.