Today I wanted to make a bitter version of my ‘Super Easy Chocolate Fudge’. I used Cadbury’s Baking Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa) and added Instant Coffee Granules. I added 1 tablespoonful (15ml) Coffee Granules. The Fudge was fairly bitter, though I could have added a little more as I love very strong coffee.
180g Dark Chocolate *I used Cadbury’s Baking Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa)
180g Condensed Milk
1 tablespoon Instant Coffee Granules
2 teaspoons Hot Water *OR Rum, Brandy, etc.
1 pinch Salt *optional
- Line a small square OR rectangular container with baking paper.
- Place Instant Coffee Granules in a heat-proof mixing bowl, add Hot Water (OR Rum, Brandy, etc.) and stir.
- Cut Dark Chocolate into small pieces and add to the bowl. Pour Condensed Milk over.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute OR until Chocolate melts. Do not boil. You just need to heat up. *Note: Heating time depends on the power of the microwave.
- Use a spatula to stir well until smooth. Heat extra time as required. Add Salt and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared container and spread evenly, and allow it to cool. Then leave it in fridge until firm. Cut into bite-size pieces.