This is a very simple dish, that can be prepared quickly and cheaply. If you can’t find Udon noodles, why don’t you use Spaghetti? Most stir-fried Udon dishes can be made with Spaghetti. I usually use a small (95g) canned tuna, but you may wish to add more tuna, and extra vegetables. The sauce is enough for the extra ingredients, so feel free to do so. I am confident that you will enjoy this dish.
1/2 Onion *sliced
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 tablespoon Canola OR Olive Oil
Chilli Flakes OR Fresh Chilli as required
1 (*95g) can Tuna *drained
2 servings Udon Noodles *OR Spaghetti
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
90ml Hot Water *Hot tap water is good.
1/4 teaspoon Dashi Powder
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin *OR 1 teaspoon Sugar
*Note: If you have ‘Mentsuyu’, use 1/2 cup of ‘Mentsuyu’ instead.
- Make sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Prepare Udon Noodles according to the instruction on the package. If you use already cooked Udon noodles, soak in hot water to loosen, then drain well. *Note: Frozen cooked Udon are the best!
- Heat Oil and Garlic in a frying pan, add Onion and Chilli, and cook until Onion is getting soft. Add Tuna and the sauce, and bring to the boil, stirring to mix.
- Add drained Udon Noodles and toss and mix all well.
- Sprinkle chopped Spring Onion on top and enjoy.
Very nice! I made it with Pearl River Bridge dark soy sauce and it was very good.
Thank you for the comment, Giles. I’m glad to know you enjoyed this dish, and also this dish is good with the soy sauce you used. I always use Kikkoman. I should try other brands,
simple and delicious. added powdered ginger to mine during cooking.
It’s canned tuna and it not too fishy. Try it and let me know if you like it!
I love udon but I never try it with fish.