If you like the sour flavour of the Sourdough Bread, you would enjoy this Yoghurt Flatbread. This flatbread is not very sour but you can taste the sourness of Yoghurt. This flatbread is Pocket Bread like Pita Bread, and perfect for Sandwiches.
1 & 1/2 cups Plain Flour *plus extra
1 teaspoon Dry Yeast
2 teaspoons Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Unsweetened Yoghurt
1/4 cup Warm Water *You might need extra Water if you use Greek Yoghurt
1 tablespoon Olive Oil OR Oil of your choice
Extra Oil for cooking
- Place Flour, Dry Yeast, Sugar and Salt in a large bowl, and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre and add Yoghurt and Warm Water. Mix well to combine.
- Add Olive Oil and knead for 2 to 3 minutes, adding extra flour if required, until smooth and elastic. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 8 even portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball to a round, about 4-5mm thin.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat, then reduce to medium low heat. Lightly Oil the pan if required, and cook a flatbread for 30 seconds, flip and cook the other side for 30 seconds. Flip again and cook until nicely browned and puffed. You can flip it a few times to cook evenly. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Leave a Reply