‘Doria’ is a very popular rice dish in Japan. Butter Rice or Pilaf is covered with White Sauce (Béchamel Sauce) and grated Cheese, then baked in the oven. Fish and Broccoli are absolutely delicious with the White Sauce. Find my other Doria recipes here.
2 servings Cooked Rice
2 tablespoons chopped Parsley
Salt & Pepper
250 to 300g White Fish Fillets *bones & skin removed
1/2 head Broccoli *cut into small florets
1/2 cup Tasty Cheese (Cheddar) *grated
20g (2 tablespoons) Plain Flour
1 cup Milk
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Cut White Fish Fillets into chunky bite-size pieces, lightly season with Salt & Pepper. Cook in the microwave or using a frying pan. Blanch Broccoli florets.
- Place Butter in a large heat-proof bowl, and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Add chopped Parsley and Cooked Rice, heat for 2 minutes or until warmed, and mix to combine. Season lightly with Salt & Pepper, and spread in a baking dish evenly.
- To make White Sauce, heat Butter in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and foaming, add Flour and cook stirring until mixture bubbles. Slowly add Milk, stirring constantly, and cook until sauce boils and thickens. Season with Salt & Pepper.
- *Note: You can make the White Sauce using the microwave. Please find Super Easy Microwave Method at ‘Super Easy White Sauce’.
- Place the cooked Fish pieces and Broccoli on top of the rice. Pour the White Sauce over the Fish & Broccoli, sprinkle with grated Cheese, and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Leave a Reply