This is a very simple dish, that can be prepared quickly and cheaply. If you can’t find Udon noodles, why don’t you use Spaghetti? Most stir-fried Udon dishes can be made with Spaghetti. I usually use a small (95g) canned tuna, but you may wish to add more tuna, and extra vegetables. The sauce is enough for the extra ingredients, so feel free to do so. I am confident that you will enjoy this dish.
1/2 Onion *sliced
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 tablespoon Canola OR Olive Oil
Chilli Flakes OR Fresh Chilli as required
1 (*95g) can Tuna *drained
2 servings Udon Noodles *OR Spaghetti
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
- Make sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Prepare Udon Noodles according to the instruction on the package. If you use already cooked Udon noodles, soak in hot water to loosen, then drain well. *Note: Frozen cooked Udon are the best!
- Heat Oil and Garlic in a frying pan, add Onion and Chilli, and cook until Onion is getting soft. Add Tuna and the sauce, and bring to the boil, stirring to mix.
- Add drained Udon Noodles and toss and mix all well.
- Sprinkle chopped Spring Onion on top and enjoy.