It seems my family members have been enjoying 100% Oats Bread. Today I added Apple and Sultana Raisins, and made it slightly sweeter. The ingredients of this bread are almost identical to the Porridge that I eat for breakfast. Just mix all ingredients and pour into a lined loaf tin, then leave it in a warm place and wait for 1 hour. You will be amazed at what happens. *You need a food processor OR grinder to process Rolled Oats into flour.
Standard Loaf Tin
*I used 21cm x 11cm Loaf Tin
3 cups (240g) Rolled Oats *1 cup is 250ml
1 & 1/2 cups Milk *OR Warm Water
2 teaspoons (7g) Dry Yeast
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Oil OR melted Butter *I used Sunflower Oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt *can be reduced to 1/4 teaspoon
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/4 cup Sultanas OR Raisins
- Use a food processor or grinder to process Rolled Oats into flour. It would be difficult to process very finely. If you are happy with the fineness, that’s good enough.
- Place Milk in a heat-proof mixing bowl, microwave for 1 minute OR until warm. Add Dry Yeast and Sugar and mix well. Add Oil, Salt, Cinnamon and processed Oats, and mix well. The mixture should look like runny cake batter.
- Peel Apple if you want to do so, and cut into small cubes. Add Apple cubes and Sultanas (OR Raisins), and mix to combine.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper, pour the mixture into the tin, cover with a sheet of plastic food wrap, and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour OR until doubled in size.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180℃ for 40 minutes OR until bread sounds hollow when tapped. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
Leave a Reply