This is the very basic Yoghurt Jelly. Based on this recipe, I made Yoghurt Mousse, Orange Yoghurt Mousse, Blueberry Yoghurt Jelly, and other Yoghurt desserts. I haven’t shared this very basic one. So, here it is. By replacing some of the Milk in this recipe with Fruit Juice, whipped Cream OR whipped Egg White, and also adding some Fruit to the mixture, you can create a variety of Yoghurt desserts.
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
2 to 3 tablespoons Water
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Unsweetened Yoghurt *Today I used Greek Yoghurt that made the jelly slightly firmer
1-3 teaspoons Lemon Juice *optional
Fruit Topping of your choice
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup Milk and Sugar in a saucepan, bring close to the boil, and remove from the heat. Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until Gelatine dissolves, then whisk in 1/2 cup Milk.
- Whisk in Yoghurt and taste it. Add some Lemon Juice if required, and mix well. Pour into serving glasses. Place them in the fridge and leave to set.
- Before serve, add some Fresh Fruit or Fruit Sauce on top. Today I added Berry Sauce that was made with Frozen Mixed Berries.
- To make the Berry Sauce, place 1 cup Frozen Mixed Berries and 1 tablespoon Sugar in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Cool completely. I added some uncooked Frozen Berries to the cooled sauce for better texture.