There are some methods to cook Broccoli. My favourite method is pan-steam-frying, and I have shared quite a few recipes on this website. Boiling and steaming are popular. Another method is simple stir-frying. If you chop up Broccoli into small pieces, it won’t take very long to cook it. Today I cooked Broccoli with Pork. Chicken is also good.
2 to 3 florets Broccoli *finely chopped
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
1 small clove Garlic *finely chopped
80g thinly sliced Pork Belly *OR Chicken, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon Oil
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water
Salt & Pepper
1 Egg *whisked
1 serving warm Cooked Rice
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
Sesame Oil *optional
- Combine Soy Sauce and Oyster Sauce in a small bowl. Add a few drops of Sesame Oil for a flavour, but it is optional. *Note: You may wish to add Chilli OR Sriracha, etc.
- Chop up all Vegetables finely and cut Pork (OR Chicken) into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, non-stick pan preferred, cook Vegetables and Pork for a few minutes. Sprinkle Sake (OR Water) over, so that the steam will help to cook Broccoli. Season lightly with Salt & Pepper.
- Pour whisked Egg over but do not stir straight away. When Egg is half cooked, gently turn, then remove from heat.
- Half fill a bowl with warm Cooked Rice, cover it with the mixture, drizzle with the Sauce, and enjoy.
Leave a Reply