What do you cook with leftover Cooked Rice? ‘Doria’ is my first choice if I cook something for my family. I frequently cook Rice Soup and Fried Rice. This is a new option for leftover Cooked Rice. It is Omelette with melting Cheese on top. You can add bits and pieces of leftovers. I added some Roast Chicken, Peas and Corn today.
1 to 2 Servings
1 Spring Onion OR 1/4 Onion *finely chopped
Additional Ingredients of your choice *e.g. Ham, Roasted Chicken, Peas, Corn Kernels, Broccoli, grated Parmesan, etc. You only need a small amount.
1 serving Cooked Rice *warmed
1/2 teaspoon Chicken Stock Powder *optional
Salt & Black Pepper
1-2 teaspoon Oil OR Butter
1 small handful (20g) shredded Tasty Cheese (Cheddar) OR Cheese Mix
- Place Spring Onion (OR Onion) and additional ingredients of your choice in a mixing bowl. Today I added leftover Roasted Chicken, Peas and Corn Kernels. Add warmed Cooked Rice and Chicken Stock Powder, and mix to combine.
- Add Egg(s), season with Salt & Pepper, and mix well.
- Heat Oil (OR Butter) in a small frying pan over low heat. I used 20cm pan. Pour the mixture and form a round omelette. Cook until the bottom is nicely browned.
- Flip the omelette over, you might need to use a plate to do so, scatter shredded Cheese on top, cover with a lid, and cook until the other side is also nicely browned and the Cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with extra Black Pepper and enjoy.