You might know what inspired me to make this Chicken stuffed Bread Rolls. I am not a member of THAT supermarket and I don’t do shopping there. But I heard about the supermarket’s food called ‘Chicken Bake’ and it sounded very yummy, so I tried to make it. My version tastes great!
2 Large Rolls
1/2 cup Warm Water OR Warm Milk
1 to 2 teaspoons Dry Yeast *1 teaspoon takes longer time to proof
1 & 3/4 cups Bread Flour *and extra for kneading
1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg *lightly whisked, save 1 tablespoonful for brushing
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
Mayonnaise OR Caesar Salad Dressing
Grated Tasty Cheese (Cheddar Cheese)
1 teaspoon Oil
1 to 2 slices (50g) Bacon *cut into small pieces
1 Celery Stalk *finely chopped
1/2 Onion *finely chopped
150 to 200g Chicken Breast Fillet *skinless, cut into 1cm pieces
Salt & Pepper
- Mix Warm Water (OR Warm Milk) and Yeast and stir, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine Bread Flour, Sugar and Salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the Yeast mixture, Egg (save 1 tablespoonful for brushing) and Oil. Mix well to form a soft dough.
- Knead for 2 to 3 minutes, gradually adding extra Flour as required, until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a plate or plastic wrap, and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- To make Chicken Filling, heat a small amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Bacon, Onion and Celery. When Onion is transparent, add Chicken. When Chicken is cooked, season with Salt and Pepper.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into 5-6mm thin rectangle. Spread Mayonnaise OR Caesar Salad Dressing and 1/2 Chicken Filling, sprinkle with some Grated Tasty Cheese.
- Fold in the sides to that melted Cheese won’t come out, and roll up.
- Place the rolls on a baking tray, sealed side down. Set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Gently brush with saved Egg. You may wish to coat with Grated Tasty Cheese. *Note: I coated one roll with Egg and the other with Egg and Cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through. *Note: If the top gets too dark, cover with a sheet of foil.
- *Note: The photo below is the same rolls but coated with grated Parmesan.
Leave a Reply