One day I wanted eat Chilli Con Carne but I had only Chicken. I always use Beef for Chilli Con Carne. Anyway, I tried to make Chilli Con Carne with Chicken, and the result was great! Here is a new recipe ‘Chicken & White Beans Chilli Con Carne’. Enjoy with or without freshly cooked rice.
500 to 600g Chicken Thigh Fillets
1 Onion *finely chopped
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 Capsicum *cut to small pieces
1 tablespoon Canola Oil
1/2 teaspoon Hot Chilli Powder OR Cayenne Pepper
1 to 2 teaspoons Ground Paprika
1 to 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 to 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander Seeds
2 tablespoons Plain Flour
1 Canned Diced Tomatoes *400g
1/2 cup Water OR Chicken Stock
1 Canned White Beans such as Cannellini Beans *400g
Coriander Leaves *optional
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook Chicken and brown both sides. Add Onion, Garlic and Capsicum, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add Spices and Flour and mix to combine. *Note: Flour is to thicken the sauce. You can add Tomato Paste instead of Flour.
- Add Tomatoes and Water (OR Chicken Stock), and stir well. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the canned White Beans and add to the pan. Stir to combine and season with Salt. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally as it is easy to get burnt.
- Enjoy with or without freshly cooked rice.
Leave a Reply