Coffee Jelly is one of my favourite summer desserts and it is easy to make. Just dissolve Gelatine in hot coffee and allow it to set. I want to show you a fun way to eat Coffee Jelly. Set the Coffee Jelly in a large glass, crush it when it is set, then pour cold Milk. It’s a drink, but you can enjoy the rubbery texture of jelly as well.
1 teaspoon Gelatine Powder
1 tablespoon Water
200ml Hot Coffee
Sugar as required
Milk, Syrup, Condensed Milk, etc.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder over 1 tablespoon Water in a small bowl, and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Make good strong coffee. Instant Coffee is fine. Add the Gelatine paste to hot coffee and mix well. *Note: The coffee must be hot.
- Add Sugar to the coffee jelly mixture if you want it sweet, then pour into a large glass. Allow to set in the fridge.
- When the jelly is set, crush it using a spoon, and pour cold Milk. For sweetness, you may wish to add Syrup or Condensed Milk.
- *Note: It would be a good idea to make a larger amount of Coffee Jelly in a container. When it is set, scoop some jelly into a glass, crush it a bit, then pour Milk.
Leave a Reply