One-pot dinner is life saving for busy parents. I use to cook ‘Macaroni & Beef Mince’ quite often when my children were young. It is quick and easy to prepare, the dish is nutritious, and my children loved it. This is a similar one-pot dish. It’s basically my ‘Chilli Con Carne’. I added Uncooked Dry Macaroni and extra Stock. Quick, easy, nutritious and delicious. If it is for young children, alter the amount of Chilli.
500g Lean Beef Mince
1 Onion *finely chopped
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 tablespoon Oil
1 Capsicum *cut to small pieces
1 can (400g) Diced Tomatoes
Water *read ‘Method 2’
1 Beef Stock Cube
*Note: You would need about 1 & 1/2 cups Beef Stock
1 cup Uncooked Dry Macaroni
1 can (410g) Kidney Beans *drained
1 teaspoon Salt *alter the amount to suit your taste
Grated OR Shredded Cheese of your choice *I used Tasty Cheese (Cheddar)
1/2 teaspoon Hot Chilli Powder OR Cayenne Pepper
1 to 2 teaspoons Ground Paprika
1 to 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 to 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander Seeds
- Heat Oil in a large & deep frying pan OR pot over medium-high heat, cook Onion, Garlic and Capsicum for a few minutes, add Beef Mince and cook until Beef changes colour.
- Add all Spices and stir to mix well. Add canned Tomatoes, and fill up the can with Water, and add the Water and Beef Stock Cube to the pan. *Note: You need to add about 1 & 1/2 cups Beef Stock.
- Bring to the boil, add Uncooked Dry Macaroni, and stir to combine. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Drain the canned Kidney beans and add to the pan. Stir to combine and season with Salt but the amount of Salt depends on the saltiness of the Stock and Beans. I added 1 teaspoon today. Alter the amount to suit your taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes OR until the Sauce thickens and Macaroni are soft.
- Serve with some grated OR shredded Cheese of your choice. I added shredded Tasty Cheese (Cheddar).
Leave a Reply