Australia is a lucky country regarding the fresh food. We have amazing variety of fresh Fruit and Vegetables available all year round. Now it’s Christmas time and delicious Mangos are in season. Try this simple jelly dessert when fresh mangos are available. The jelly sets softly, so individual serves would be the best.
2 Ripe Mangoes *1 for puree and 1 for topping
1 cup Boiling Water
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 & 1/2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Thickened Cream
- Place Gelatine Powder and Caster Sugar in a large heat-proof bowl. Carefully pour in the Boiling Water and stir until Gelatine and Sugar dissolve well. Set aside to cool.
- Peel and stone 1 Mango, cut roughly and place all pulp and juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add Lemon Juice and Mango puree to gelatine mixture, stir to combine, then add Cream and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into serving glasses and place them in the fridge and leave to set.
- Before serving, decorate with the remaining Mango. I simply cut the Mango into small pieces and placed them on top.