On the other day, at my friend’s house, I tasted ‘Roti’ bread with peanut sauce for the very first time in my life. It was a takeaway food from a local Thai restaurant. I instantly fell in love with ‘Roti’ and the sauce, but again I found the sauce too sweet for me. So I tried to make my own peanut sauce and it is not bad at all.
500ml (6 to 8 servings)
1 Onion *finely chopped
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 tablespoon Canola Oil
1/2 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Tamarind Paste OR Lemon Juice
1 cup Coconut Milk
- Heat Oil in a saucepan over medium heat, cook Onion and Garlic until slightly caramelised.
- Reduce heat to low, add Peanut Butter, Chilli Flakes, Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce and Tamarind Paste (OR Lemon Juice), and mix well. Add Coconut Milk, stir to combine, then bring to the boil, stirring constantly. And that’s it!
- *Note: If Coconut Milk is thin, simmer for a few minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Enjoy with ‘Roti’ bread or try my ‘Super Easy Flatbread’.
- *Note: You may wish to skim off the Oil on the surface as Coconut Oil is saturated fat.
Leave a Reply