After my ‘Pumpkin Panna Cotta’ and ‘Pumpkin Creme Brûlée’ were so successful, I wanted to try another similar dessert, that is Bavarois. Bavarois is set with Gelatine like Panna Cotta, and the ingredients are almost identical with Creme Brûlée. I added 1 cup of pureed Cooked Pumpkin. This Bavarois tastes wonderful, looks pretty, and it is nutritious. You may wish to decorate it with Whipped Cream.
6 to 8 Servings
3 teaspoons Gelatine Powder *2 teaspoons if you set it in serving glasses
3 tablespoons Water *OR 2 tablespoons if you use 2 teaspoons Gelatine
2 Egg Yolks
6 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Milk *heated
1 tablespoon Rum *optional
1 cup pureed Cooked Pumpkin *smoothly pureed
200ml Thickened Cream *whipped
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak.
- Place Egg Yolks, Sugar and Vanilla in a large heatproof bowl, and whisk until thick and pale.
- Heat Milk in a saucepan over medium heat and bring just to the boil. Remove from heat. Add the soaked Gelatine to the heated Milk and mix well until Gelatine dissolves.
- Gradually whisk the hot Milk mixture into the Egg Yolk mixture, then add pureed Cooked Pumpkin and Rum, and mix well. Strain the mixture into another bowl and remove Pumpkin’s fibre for extra smooth texture. Cool the mixture in the fridge for a while.
- When the mixture is cool and has started thickening, whip Thickened Cream until soft peaks form, and add the whipped Cream to the mixture and gently combine.
- Pour the mixture into serving glasses or jelly moulds. Today I used a lightly oiled 1L capacity cake tin. Place in the fridge and leave to set completely.
- *Note: If you set the Bavarois in an oiled cake tin and it doesn’t come out easily, warming the tin only very slightly will help.
Leave a Reply