This is the Pumpkin version of ‘My Family’s Potato Salad’. Japanese Pumpkin, which texture is similar to dry type Potato, should be used. However, it is impossible to find where I live. Today I used Kent Pumpkin.
1/6 to 1/4 Pumpkin *about 600 to 700g
100g Bacon *cut into small pieces
1 Cucumber OR 1/2 Continental Cucumber *thinly sliced
1 to 2 pinches Salt
1/4 Onion *thinly sliced
Salt & Pepper
4 tablespoons Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Thinly slice Cucumber into a bowl, add Salt and massage, then set aside for a while.
- Cook Bacon in a frying pan until crispy. Remove unwanted fat using paper towel.
- Remove seeds and mushy parts from Pumpkin, cut into bite-size pieces, and steam until soft. *Note: Do not boil as Pumpkin will become watery. Roasting is another method. Roast in the oven at 200℃ for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Place steamed Pumpkin pieces in a large mixing bowl and season with Salt & Pepper.
- Squeeze the salted Cucumber to remove excess water, and add to the bowl. Add Bacon, Onion and Mayonnaise as well. Then mix to combine.
- *Note: Boiled Eggs can be added to this salad.
Leave a Reply