This stew is super easy to cook and really delicious. It takes at least 1 & 1/2 hours, but you don’t need to do anything really. Just simmer the ingredients until ready. Chicken Drumsticks would be very soft after 1 & 1/2 hours. You may wish to add Noodles such as Ramen Noodles OR Rice Noodles. This is a perfect dish for your dinner on a cold day.
1.2 kg Chicken Drumsticks
6 cups (1.5L) Water
1/4 cup Sake (Rice Wine)
5 to 6 thin slices Ginger
1 to 2 cloves Garlic *squashed
1 thick Spring Onion *cut to a length that fits in the pot
1 & 1/2 teaspoons Salt *alter the amount to suit your taste
1/4 teaspoon White Pepper *alter the amount to suit your taste
1 large Onion *OR 2 Onions
1 large Potato *OR 2 Potatoes
100g Green Leafy Vegetable *e.g. Choy Sum, Bok Choy, etc.
- Place Chicken Drumsticks, Water and Sake in a pot. Add Ginger, Garlic and Spring Onion, cover with a lid, and bring to the boil.
- Once it is boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Cut all Vegetables into chunky bite-size pieces.
- Season the soup with Salt and White Pepper. Add Vegetables and cook until Vegetables are soft. However, some Vegetables can be cooked quicker than others. You need to add them to the soup accordingly.
- *Note: This is how I cook Vegetables. Add Carrots first and cook for 10 minutes. Add Onions and cook for 10 minutes. Then add Potatoes, and cook until Potatoes are soft. Lastly add Green Leafy Vegetable and cook for a few minutes OR until soft.