Fresh whole Squids are hard to find where I live, but Frozen Squid Tubes are widely available from many shops, and they are inexpensive. Just thaw them, cut into rings, and stir-fry. Anyone can do that. Here is a super easy recipe for you to try. You only need a frying pan, and no special ingredients. It is a very simple dish, yet very delicious.
2 Squid Tubes *about 300g, thawed
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 clove Garlic *coarsely chopped
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 Lemon *sliced
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
2 servings Salad Lettuce Mix
- If you thawed Frozen Squid Tubes in water, drain them very well. Dry them with paper towel if too wet. Cut into rings about 2cm in width.
- Arrange Salad Vegetables on a serving plate.
- Heat Olive Oil and Garlic in a frying pan over high heat. When aromatic, cook Squids. When colour is changed, it won’t take long, add Lemon slices, Salt and Pepper, and stir-fry until cooked.
- Place cooked Squid and Lemon slices on the Salad Vegetables, pour the liquid in the pan over the Squid, sprinkle with extra Black Pepper, and enjoy immediately.
- *Note: If you have a lot of liquid, cook the liquid for 30 to 60 seconds to reduce the amount, then pour it over.
Leave a Reply