It’s not miss-spelled! This is ‘Spaghetti Napolitan‘ and it’s different from Spaghetti Napolitana. Actually ‘Spaghetti Napolitan‘ is a Japanese dish. It is a dish of pan-fried Spaghetti, cooked with Sausage and Vegetables, and seasoned with KETCHUP!!! I always add Tabasco as well. When I was young, it was often served at old-fashioned coffee shops in any towns.
2 Smoked Sausages such as ‘Kransky’ *about 120g
1/2 Green Capsicum OR Sweet Green Pepper
1 tablespoon Oil
4 tablespoons Ketchup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce OR Soy Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
Salt & Pepper
Parmesan Cheese *grated
- Cook Spaghetti in boiling slated water according to the instruction on the package.
- Slice Smoked Sausages into bite size pieces and cut all vegetables into thin strips.
- Combine Ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce (OR Soy Sauce) and Tabasco in a small bowl. Check the flavour and alter to suit your taste. You may wish to add more Worcestershire Sauce or Tabasco.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Cook Sausage and Vegetables for a minute or two. Season with Salt & Pepper, and add the Ketchup mixture.
- Add the cooked and drained Spaghetti and stir to combine well.
- Enjoy with some grated Parmesan Cheese (and extra freshly ground Black Pepper).