This is a perfect lunch on a sunny day, or any day. It’s a salad to use up the leftover cooked Barley. Of course you can cook Barley to make this salad as it is so simple and easy. Use any salad dressing of your choice. Today I used ‘My Buttermilk Dressing’.
1 Chicken Breast Fillet
Garlic Salt *OR Garlic Powder and Salt
Ground Black Pepper
Ground Chilli OR Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Continental Cucumber *OR 1 Lebanese Cucumber
1 cup Cooked Barley
2 to 4 tablespoons Salad Dressing of your choice *Today I used ‘My Buttermilk Dressing’
- Cut Chicken Breast Fillet into two thin slices, season with Garlic Salt, Ground Black Pepper and Ground Chilli.
- Heat a small amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Chicken until both sides are nicely browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Cut Cucumber into bite-size pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Lightly season with Salt and toss.
- Cut Chicken slices into bite-size pieces and add to the Cucumber. Add Cooked Barley and some fresh Dill. Add Salad Dressing and mix well.
- *Note: To cook Barley, simply boil about 1/3 cup Pearl Barley in slightly slated Water until soft. Then drain.
- *Note: You can add toasted Nuts to this salad. Pine Nuts and Walnuts are suitable.
Leave a Reply