Stir-fried Tomatoes is one of my family’s favourite side dishes. I often add extra ingredients such as Egg or Tofu. Today I added Pork and Egg, and cooked with Udon Noodles. You can alter this recipe and use whatever you have in hand. The key ingredient is Tomato. Not-so-great Tomato is suitable.
Salt & White Pepper
1/2 tablespoon Oil
80g thinly sliced Pork *cut into bite-size pieces
1 small clove Garlic
1 Tomato *cut into chunky bite-size pieces
1 serving Cooked Udon *warmed & drained
Finely Chopped Spring Onion
1 teaspoon Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon Sugar *optional, but recommended if Tomato is not-so-great and sour
2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Warm Udon Noodles in hot water, then drain.
- Whisk Egg and lightly season with Salt & White Pepper. Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Egg softly, and transfer to a plate or the bowl you used to whisk the Egg.
- Add Pork and Garlic to the pan, and cook until Pork is nicely browned. Add Tomato and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the Sauce and the drained Udon Noodles, and stir. Finally add the softly cooked Egg, and combine.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion and enjoy.