Since my daughter moved out and started living independently, our family’s consumption of Fruit dropped. I found some Apples turning wrinkly and spongy again. I stewed them, but no one was eating the stewed Apple. Today I made them into this dessert using Cream Cheese that was also getting old and I needed to use. This dessert was a genius idea.
Sponge Cake OR Plain Cake
4 tablespoons Water
1 tablespoon Sugar
Cinnamon Crumble *OR Cinnamon Flavoured Cookies
Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting
125g Cream Cheese *softened
3-4 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Thickened Cream *whipped
- To stew Apples, peel Apples and cut into 1-2cm pieces, place in a saucepan, add Water and Sugar, cover with a lid, and simmer until Apple is soft. Set aside and cool. *Note: The syrup will be used later.
- To make Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting, combine softened Cream Cheese, Caster Sugar and Lemon Juice in a mixing bowl. Whip 1/2 cup Cream softly, then mix with the Cream Cheese mixture.
- Cut Sponge Cake into thin slices or pieces in the size that is suitable to arrange in the serving glasses.
- Place the 1st layer of Sponge Cake in the serving glasses, place some Apple pieces and syrup on the Sponge, cover with Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting, and repeat for the 2nd layer. Leave them in the fridge and chill.
- Before you serve, add some Cinnamon Crumble (OR some broken Cinnamon Flavoured Cookies) on top.
Leave a Reply