‘Corn Starch Milk Jelly’ is very easy to make. You can add a flavour to the Milk, such as Coffee, Matcha, Cocoa, OR Fruit. If you want to add Fruit, there are some methods. Pureed Fruit, Fruit Sauce OR Fruit Jam can be mixed with the Milk. Today I made ‘Microwave Blueberry Sauce’, and used the sauce to mix with the Milk and Berries for the topping.
1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries
1 tablespoon Sugar
Milk of your choice *see ‘Method 2’
2 tablespoons Sugar
3 tablespoons Corn Starch *1 tablespoon is 15ml
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract OR 1 teaspoon Kirsch *optional
- Place Frozen Blueberries and 1 tablespoon Sugar in a heat-proof bowl, cook in the microwave for 1 minute OR until soft. Gently stir, bring to the boil, then stir again. Strain the liquid into a measuring jug. Save Blueberries for topping.
- Add Milk up to 300ml marking, mix well, and place in a saucepan.
- Add Sugar and Corn Starch in a saucepan and mix well. Add Vanilla OR Kirsch if you wan to add, heat over medium low heat, stirring frequently, and bring to the boil. When the mixture is thick and gooey, remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into moulds OR serving glasses, and set aside to cool. When cooled, cover with lids OR plastic food wrap if necessary, and leave in the fridge until completely set.
- *Note: Avoid any water gets in the jelly due to condensation. Water softens the mixture and ruins the jelly.
- Serve with the saved Blueberries.