I often use Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce) to cook spicy food, but I started using Gochujang (Korean Spicy Miso) and I am loving it. Today I added 1 tablespoon (that is same as 3 teaspoons) Gochujang and IT WAS HOT!!! I instantly started sweating, my nose got runny, my eyes got watery, and my mouth got burning, BUT it was yummy!
2 to 4 Servings
1 block (250g) Konnyaku (Konjac)
2 King Oyster Mushrooms *about 150g, cut into the size that is easy to eat
1/2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
Spring Onion *finely chopped
Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 small piece Ginger *grated
2 to 3 teaspoons Gochujang (Korean Spicy Miso)
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Mirin
1 to 2 teaspoons Sugar
- Rinse Konnyaku (Konjac) Block, slice thinly (4-5mm thin), make a slit in centre, insert one end into the centre slit, then flip over.
- Boil Water in a saucepan, cook Konnyaku pieces for 1-2 minutes, then drain.
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl
- Heat Sesame Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook King Oyster Mushrooms, add drained Konnyaku pieces, and stir for a few minutes. Add the Sauce, cook until the sauce is gone.
- Sprinkle with some Spring Onion and Toasted Sesame Seeds, and serve with freshly cooked Rice.