There are many different Candied Roasted Nuts in the world. Japan has Muscovado Candied Roasted Soy Beans. I am a huge fan of ‘Almond Toffee’. They are dangerous foods, but I love them all. Peanut Brittle is super easy to make and you don’t need special ingredients. Well, some recipes require ingredients that most people don’t have, such as Glucose Syrup. You can make Peanut Brittle using basic ingredients only.
4 to 6 Servings
2 tablespoons Water
1 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Unsalted Roasted Peanuts
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda
- If you use raw Peanuts, roast them in 180℃ oven until lightly golden, then cool. No need to chop them up.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. You will pour the hot Brittle mixture over the baking paper later.
- Place Water and Sugar in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat, and cook without stirring until brown.
- Add Peanut, Butter and Salt, and stir to combine using a spatula. When Butter is melted, add Bi-Carb Soda, quickly stir to combine well, then pour the mixture over the prepared tray, spread and press down into even thickness. *Note: You need to work quickly.
- Peanut Brittle quickly hardens as it cools. It would be difficult to cut it into equal size pieces. When it is hard, just break it into pieces.